What is Group Physio?
Specialised group sessions that have evolved from the basic Pilates class. Our classes focus on injury prevention, maintenance, strengthening important muscle groups and has the benefit of reducing stress! Our classes have evolved over time and are attended by a wide range of individuals with different goals.
Benefits of Pilates
- Improved spinal and joint mobility
- Improved muscle flexibility
- Improved muscular strength
- Greater core activation
- General health and wellbeing
- Reduction in stress
- Improved balance
- Improved awareness of posture
- Prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
Types of sessions
We at Bounce Physio offer a range of classes. These include: 1-on-1, Group Mat and Group Reformer. Furthermore, all participants will undergo a core activation program with the real time ultrasound to ensure that they are correctly and safely activating their core!
Perfect for when you are first learning the movement. Let our instructor safely take you through a wide range of exercises that will be individually tailored to your goals
Mat classes are great for all skill levels. Our qualified instructors will take you through a wide range of exercises in various positions. This ensures that we target the full body with special emphasis on the requirements of each individual.
The state of the art reformers allow us to increase the load for your workout. This allows us to target specific muscle groups in a safe and controlled manner.
How do I join up?
Anyone can join! We at Bounce Physio pride ourselves in creating individualised plans for all our clients. We believe by providing a structured pathway, our clients are offered the best outcomes available. That is why we have created a specific Group Physio pathway!
The Group Physio Pathway
- In-clinic Individual Assessment – Prior to joining a class, you will receive an individual assessment at our clinic. This gives our physiotherapist a chance to get to know you and identify your level of function while identifying your goals for treatment. During this session you will learn about core activation using our real-time ultrasound machine! Furthermore, we will take you through a number of commonly performed exercises to ensure that you are safe and comfortable.
- 1-on-1 session – This session the therapist will run you through a full program, focussing on proper technique. This ensures that you are comfortable with the movements before beginning the class!
- Group Physio class – you are now ready to enter the class
- Group Physio review assessment – We encourage all participants to have a yearly review to measure your progress and focus on any areas that you deem necessary. This high level of continued care allows us to ensure that you are getting the most out of each and every class!
Who teaches the class?
At Bounce Physio, our Pilates instructors are all highly qualified with a wealth of experience.